1. Now is your chance to take immediate action. Now is your opportunity to make a change in your life. It's time to Get Steady in life!
    Dismiss Notice

9 Years Sober Today

Discussion in 'Sobriety' started by Michael, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Administrator Staff Member

I do not consider myself an alcoholic. I view myself as someone who just doesn’t drink. I can go get a beer right now—if I want. I choose not to. I have that power. Alcohol does not have power over me and it shouldn’t have power over you.

Some of the benefits of sobriety are clearer mind, better health, more energy, and more money to spend on other things. My life is far from perfect but I know I am headed in the most positive direction. If you are struggling and need help you should seek it because help is all around you—you just need to ask for it. If you are struggling in life because of alcohol it’s time to eliminate that element from your life.

Most likely you came into this life totally pure—nothing added. You weren't raised on alcohol or drugs. You were able to manage quite well as you grew up. Then the stresses of life and the peer pressure of others introduced you to the pleasures of alcohol and drugs. Fun times! But is it always fun times or do you find yourself hopeless? Grasping? Alone? Depressed? If so then it’s time to make some serious changes.

You deserve a life in which you are happy, centered and balanced. This won’t happen overnight but with daily practice of positive habits and ways of thinking you can improve your life.

If you make a commitment with yourself, seek to change, get support you too can benefit from sobriety. The only other option is to remain in the vicious cycle that you are in. With 9 years of sobriety under my belt I can honestly say that a life without alcohol is good. My life is more manageable without alcohol in it.

When you remove alcohol from your life you don’t lose anything. You gain. You gain control over so many things. If alcohol isn't working in your life then you should remove it. Once you do your dreams and goals will be much clearer and much easier to achieve.

Much love,

IceCreamTruck
    Founder of GetSteady